• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help with the correct way to make a sworn statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ralphw

hello, I need a person to make a sworn statement that would correct some lies being told about me in court and show this person is lying. The person told the court that he got information from my ex. He obviously didn't. my ex never spoke to him or wants to. My ex and I are on very good speaking terms and would never hurt one another. These lies are starting to have a very negetive affect on my situation. The problem is my ex lives 200 miles away. what is an affidavit? can i use this? what is the process of making a sworn affidavit? is this the right way to go about it? can i do this myself? any help would be great,

Thank you,
RW

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ralphw said:
hello, I need a person to make a sworn statement that would correct some lies being told about me in court and show this person is lying. The person told the court that he got information from my ex. He obviously didn't. my ex never spoke to him or wants to. My ex and I are on very good speaking terms and would never hurt one another. These lies are starting to have a very negetive affect on my situation. The problem is my ex lives 200 miles away. what is an affidavit? can i use this? what is the process of making a sworn affidavit? is this the right way to go about it? can i do this myself? any help would be great,

Thank you,
RW
My response:

So, what you're saying is that you're trying to get a "liar" to sign an affidavit that says he/she lied (comitted perjury) in open court, and on the record?

Is that what you're saying?

Because, if that's the case, all I can say is, good luck !

IAAL

Last edited:
R

Ralphw

sorry i should have worded it better...

person 1 says he talked to my ex wife on the phone and found out things about me that are damaging and false. My exwife wants to sign a sworn statement that they never talked and she never said the things he said she did.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ralphw said:
sorry i should have worded it better...

person 1 says he talked to my ex wife on the phone and found out things about me that are damaging and false. My exwife wants to sign a sworn statement that they never talked and she never said the things he said she did.

My response:

You're going to need a Certified copy of the Stenographer's record of the hearing. Call the courtroom clerk in the Department where the hearing took place, and ask for the name and phone number of the Court Stenographer on the date of your hearing. Call that person, and get the price for a typed transcript (very expensive, by the way).

REMEMBER TO USE "PLEADING PAPER" - Lined and numbered paper.

Affidavit of (Her Name)

STATE OF CALIFORNIA COUNTY OF _________

I, (Her Name), being sworn, say:

1. (State here the "Lie" from the Record, using page number and beginning and ending line numbers, and then underneath, state your "fact" and rebuttal "facts" as to why this "lie" never occured or was said. DO NOT use emotional words. State FACTS only, and do not use suppositions, or opinion phrases).

2. (In this and successive paragraphs, repeat the next "lie" and your "facts" rebutting the "lie" for each "lie" found in the record).

3. . . . . .

4. . . . . .

I freely and voluntarily, free from duress or influence or inducement on the part of (Your Name), execute and acknowledged this affidavit, as being the truth and facts that are personally known to me.

(Have this Notarized and submit the same to the court - - keep a copy for your own records, of course)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">