• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GK47

If I know my husband's email password, can I legally read his email? Can it be permissable in court?

N

No Name Please

Couple of questions:

Do you know he may find out about it? For example, if the sender sent it return receipt and you pick it up at Noon and she gets the receipt saying that he got it yet when she tells him he says I didn't read my mail.

Why do you want to read it? Nosy, afraid he's cheating, etc.

Is there anything else going on, like a divorce? How might it look to a judge or other party if it comes out.

The odds of you being criminally prosecuted are rather low, particularly if you claim he asked that you check his email, but the benefits may be lower. And it makes a sad statement about your marriage.

G

gk47

We have been separated for three years, I am definitely past the cheating part. I filed for divorce about five months ago, and he recently entered a reply stating that he wants joint custody. He owes $8000 in child support and has not seen our child in over a year. He has been "hiding out" from the police, and the attorney general's office. I think that some of the things that I have found in the emails would help my case. Is this illegal, or can they be permissable in court?

N

No Name Please

Shucks, I might look first and then decide if the evidence is worth the risk. (But it may backfire.) After you get it, ask a real lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">