• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Battery Case...please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hmmm?

I live in southern california. I need your desperate advice. Please help me. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated.

My tenants did not pay rent so I went over to ask them. He let me in and I asked him to pay the rent. He said no. So I asked why? Immediately he screamed lock the doors and get the knives out! I was so terrified. I was first pushed in by the wife then the husband and the son came over and started to punch and sock me severly. My brother escaped before me and was locked outside he kept pounding on the door. I was beaten for a long time inside. Eventually after several attempts I was able to get to the front door and unlock the door to get out. Right when I opened the door my brother fell through the door and landed on the ground. The tenant's son rushed over and threw several puches at my bother and my brother had a bloody nose and suffered several punches. Immediately, I ran out and my brother got up and ran out right after me. I was bleeding all over. My shirt was drenched with blood, cut to the skin on my eye and I was in a lot of pain, wrist twisted too. I was rushed off to emergency. Now I have a scare on my eye. But during the night of the incident when the police arrived (my sister had called for 911 at my house when my brother ran back and told them that I was locked inside) I was so scared that I didn't give a clear report. I just told the police the man(tenat) hit me. I forgot to mention the son had also hit me and that the door was locked. Those tenants changed the story around. They lied to the police that I and my brother hit him. My brother wasn't even in the house. Those tenants are gamblers. They had their friends over that night and now they are acting as witness for them. My brother and I are framed. Now those people hired a lawyer that sent me a letter for claims and injuries. My brother and I did not hit him at all.

I just want a simple life and some peace in life, no more headaches. Please give me some advice on what to do.

When will a case like this(battery) become invaild for further suing? Is there a limit to how long a battery case can be vaild for suing?

Since I'm the landlord are they allowed to sue for my properties financially?

How much are they allowed to ask for in claims on a battery case?
If I pay them the injury fees will this close this case? Will I get to function like a normal citizen again? What if I pay and they sue me again is that possible?

I really hope that you can help me answer these questions. I'm very worried about myself and the most innocent, my brother who just wanted to get me out of there. If it wasn't for the police siren I don't think I would be alive today. Those tenants are not normal people, I think they are gangs. That's why I don't want to pursuit a trial case in court. I'm still very scared for myself and my brother.

I really don't want to sue but if I do sue him what are my chances? :confused:

H

Humble Warrior

Your rent receipts will prove that you have not received the past-due rent. This is grounds for eviction. Then once they are out of your house go to court for a personal injury suit. This will have you awarded money on your behalf. Then press criminal charges against them and that puts them in jail. It's a 1....2.....3 operation.
No they cant take your homes....their case is piss weak from what you say,and will not be entertained by the courts. If it is,then when you win the case,that can be used as ammunition in court to win your cases. You have two years to do all this in most states,some it is one year. Call your local court house prothonitary,or prosecutors office to find out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">