• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

communicating threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hipes

I had a boss I could not stand! In frustration, I made an off hand remark that was taken seriously. The company said that in this era of work place violence,they had to let me go. I was too tired to fight it. I just packed up, left NC and returned home to VA. 3 monthes later, I get a forwarded letter from NC city police dept that they have an active warrant for me for communicating threats!!! I've never had anything more than a speeding ticket in my life! What do I do? Will I be okay as long as I stay out of NC? Do these things expire? When I go to transfer my drivers lisc and car registration will I end up in jail? This is all like a nightmare to me!

M

Marcia M

In the past 2 days seven people were shot dead in Honolulu and how many in Seattle? Face it, threats of violence should betaken seriously and stop trying to minimize it as though it was not serious. Don't brush what you did off.

But before you lose more sleep, or your freedom, consult wth a criminal defense lawyer so you'll be prepared to handle what may come up, and not be looking over your shoulder for the next X years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">