• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questionable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jesse

I was pulled over by an officer originally for speeding. When he approached he saw beer in the vehicle. Immediately he asked how much I had to drink. I told him about 3-4. He said I was going 52mph in a 35mph zone. He told me this constitutes a Careless Driving - Alcohol related offense which I must go to court for. However, he never wrote any speed or the zone I was in on the ticket. Also the milepost in which he pulled me over in the posted speed is 40mph not 35mph. And I know I was not going over 50mph although he showed me my speed on the radar and it said 52 but this was not recorded on the summons. My question is, can careless driving be automatically issued if I had a few drinks and was not excessively speeding.

T

Tyrone

Be greatful he didn't arrest you then.

If he didn't double the ticket DUI PLUS SPeeding, I don't know what to say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">