• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does he have the RIGHT?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jen

My ex may go to jail for a year for violating his probation...he was suppose to make restitution of monies he embezzled (he is a convicted felon) but hasnt done so and now they want to lock him up, he has court date soon. The sentence will be in NY where he lives, and I live in NJ with our daughter. This man has given me and our daughter so much grief...I have physical and sole, legal you name it custody all he has is supervised visitation every other week. I would like to know if I can leave the state once he is in jail without his premission? Onces he is in jail does he have a say or not. If so would a judge not allow me to leave the state even though he is in jail???

------------------

L

lawrat

There are a few suggestions. It seems you have a family law issue here. If you have sole custody, he may not have a say as to whether you leave the state. But since he has supervised visitation rights, it may be a different matter. I.e. he may require knowledge if you leave during one of his supervised visits.

The best way to go about finding the answer is to look up a family law attorney in attorneypages.com by clicking in Child Custody, or try to find the information through the legal links, under Family Law, Child Custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">