• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Law Advise!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nhan2000

Hi all,

I am married and I recently got frustrated about the relationship with my wife family. I could not get along well with my mother-in-law as well as my sister-in-law.

My wife and I have a one month-old daughter and I don't want her to take my daughter to see my mother- and sister-in-law because I think it's not the best interest for the child.

When my daughter was born, my wife's family did not come to the hospital to visit her because of the hostile atmosphere they were created couple weeks prior to the birth of my daughter. However, when my daughter got one month old, according to my country custom, we celebrated her 1-month B-day and we invited them to come over but they did not come.

Now my wife wants to come to visit her parents and I don't want my wife to take my daughter with her when she come there. Is there any legal ground for me to do so?

Please advise!

Nhan Vo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">