• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Curious Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ashlee1443

North Carolina

I was in court the other day for a child support ordeal, and the young man before me was arguing that he paid too much in support,and had his current girlfriend testify that he indeed paid too much money, especially since they had just had a child of their own that needed caring for. The attorney asked the young girl if she lived with the young man,along with their child,and the judge interupted her before she could answer and made the comment of wether or not she should mention to the girl that it's against the law to live with someone that you are not related too. My question is this-did she mean that it's against the law in North Carolina to live with the opposite sex unless they are married? I know that it's very common to have roomates, so that statement puzzled me as to what she meant. I'm curious to learn more about this law, and exactly what the law states. Please inform me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">