• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI Blood Test Federal Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodgirl

I am going thru a divorce and before all of this happened, my husband flippped his friends car while driving drunk on federal property. It happened about 1:30am and he had to walk 6 miles before he found a store to use the phone to call me to come pick him up. When I went and picked him up, he wanted to go to the hospital. I took him and right before we we're about to leave, the national park rangers came in and gave him a blood test which he agreed to. They also told him they had found marijuana in the car too. I ended up leaving my husband for divorce before the blood tests came back. He had already had a DUI from a year ago which he completed everything that was required with that which happened on state property. My question is......how can I find out about the blood test? I have called and called the national park ranger and left messages, but have not received a phone call back from them. I am wanting to know the results and if he is going to have to serve time or not. Since this happened on federal property and not state, I have been told that the rules are different and possibly harder for him. I do know that he was plastered when they gave him the blood test. Any help with this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks..P.....

R

reconmp

Well, since you said he was plastered, I'd assume that his boold test results are not going to be favorable. The fact that it happened on federal property brings in diffrent sentencing guidelines, as well as the case would be in the federal court, not the circuit court. The fee for this to be handled by an attorney will be more than a DUI and Possession if it were agains't the state, but most attorneys charge a higher rate for a federal case.

Good, luck, and consult an attorney that handles federal cases.

H

Humble Warrior

Your not entitled to get the results of his test,or to be privvy to his case in any way or form. You got the divorce...that means you have no obligation to him,nor him to you. I would recommend going to counciling for co-dependency. if you cant afford it,call the local chapter of CODA in your phone book...it's free,just like AA.

G

goodgirl

Drunk DRiving Federal Charges

I have not even got a divorce yet. I haven't even filed papers yet. I am still married to him. Please reply back. Thanks

H

Humble Warrior

Even if you are still married,but about to get a divorce,why do you care what the results were? He is the one going to jail,he is the one that flipped the car.
Anyway.....when he gets his copy of the charges,in there somewhere it will say what the results were,and a listing of the pending charges.
If for some reason it isnt mentioned in there,he can ask his attorney what it was,and tell you. The attorney will know as part of the "evidentiary discovery" process. In other words...the prosicution has to give the defense attorney all the evidence listed against your hubby,so he can form a proper defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">