• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

Just received a re-notice of taking of oral deposition for myself, my fiance and my boss by my ex's attorney. These depo's had been postponed from earlier this summer before the Oct 1 trial had been postponed to December. Question is, my fiancee and boss both received a small check to reimburse mileage, I did not.
As the Respondent in the case do the rules require them to pay me as well. and if so and they neglected what recourse do I have.
Can I not show up or should I file a motion to quash the subpoena?

thanks (florida by the way)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No. As a party litigant, you're not entitled to any payment. They, on the other hand, received subpoenas as non-party deponents and are, therefore, entitled to a Statutory set rate, plus mileage reimbursement.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">