• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I free from worry?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emily24

In 1995 I plead to a felony (re: $$$) and got five years probation, along with community service. Under the circumstances I got hosed because full restitution was made to the victim even before I was charged and I had a public defender who did nothing to help my case. After about a year I stopped contacting my p.o. (at the time I was just calling in monthly) and hadn't completed my c.s. I haven't heard anything since and I wonder what might have happened. Is it likely that my p.o. let it slide and dismissed my probation (or whatever it's called) or do you think I'm just lost in the system? I'm still at the same residence and I haven't gotten so much as a phone call. What gives?

J

juanitag

You're probably just lost in the system. I suggest you keep on the right side of the law in the meantime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">