• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Piercing corporate veil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CLochert

Two months ago our company closed the doors, no notice, no last payroll nor severance. Although health insurance deductions were made for three months - no premiums were paid. CEO made decisions to withhold premium payments, paid his own personal debts and insurance all the while knowing there was no $ to pay employees.
Our trial in small claims court is Dec 17 in Virginia. Questions are: May we bring his previous criminal record to this case & how do we get it? What are some cases that effectively pierced the corporate veil and held the CEO responsible? Please respond to [email protected]

J

juanitag

While I don't know about VA law I think the best way to get his police record is to issue a subpoena through small claims court (they may have fill in the blank forms on file) or through the local DA's office. In the most general terms, you can pierce the corporate veil when the corporation is being used in a fraudulent manner. More than that I can't tell you. Maybe you can find cases if you do a newspaper search on-line or at a library. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">