• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is that legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Crescent

A friend of mine was stopped at a roadblock, and when the officer searched the car he confiscated marijuana seeds and charged my friend with possession. Is that right based on the fact that no additional drugs or paraphenelia (sic) were found? He was also charged with dui when he refused a piss test. Was this his best bet? (I'm sure he had been smoking.)

J

juanitag

Seems to me he possessed drugs since he had mj seeds in his car. As far as most states are concerned drugs are drugs. And I think that you have to submit to one of the tests for alcohol if asked (urine, blood, breathalyzer, etc.). Look for a lawyer because DUIs can have serious impact on his ability to drive!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">