• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old needs help fast!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

steph_pooh

I am a 17 year old with very strict parents. They don't approve of my boyfriend so when they found out we were having sex said that we can't see each other again. We email each other every day waiting for the day i turn 18 so i can move in with him. If this wasn't enough my parents are threatening to claim statutory rape. I live in Michigan. My boyfriend is only 5 1/2 months older than me. Is there really anything my parents can do about it? also, what is the legal age in michigan to get married without parental consent? Thank you much.

D

deslou

I'm not sure if your parents can do anything about you and your boyfriend having sex. But the age limit for getting married in Michigan is 18 without parental consent. It's 16 with parental consent.

E

erev46

You didn't say how old your boyfriend is. If he is 18, he can be charged with rape, endangering a minor etc..
I would say don't give your parents a reason to bring charges. Even after you turn 18 they may be able to take legal action.
After you turn 18 and you can show your parents you both can be responsible maybe they will come around.
Just believe your parents care about you and they want you to enjoy a full and happy life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">