• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest with drugs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbldker

my 17 yo son was arrested in front of a grocery store. The charge was visiting a common nuisance. The previous day he had gotten a ride with someone who was stopped for expired plates. my son was told to leave, after he left the police searched the trunk of the car which had drugs crack and marijuana. the next day my son was arrested and searched in front of a grocery store. They found a hit of what they said was LSD. My son was not allowed to contact a lawyer or his parents. He was taken to a juvenile center and then allowed a call. He was charged with a class c felony because he was within 1000 feet of a public place (park). The boy driving the car has never been arrested for the drugs in his car. This is not a friend of my son's only someone he got a ride with. was the search legal? thanks dbldker

------------------

J

juanitag

To answer your question, the police can search someone once they've arrested him. I think what your asking is whether the arrest was valid. To answer that question you should probably hire a criminal defense attorney who can go through the facts and laws of your particular jurisdiction. This website might be a good place to start looking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">