• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Person buying car has not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SKNB

I sold my car to I thought was a male friend and he was supposed to call me in two days. He did not give me any money yet and I haven't been able to get ahold of him I know what town he is in. However I filled out a Bill of sail form I had from DMV because the registration is expired since Oct. And he has a Oklahoma licence so if he got pulled over he could say he just bought the car. It has been two weeks and he hes not contacted me he is actually avoiding me he has no perminent residence can I report the car stolen is my question? Help please

J

juanitag

Some friend! You might as well file a police report alleging theft, fraud -- to get this joker's attention if nothing else. I would also go to your local DMV office and find out if the bill of sale has been processed yet andif there's any way you can void the sale. In the future NEVER sign a bill of sale until the money changes hands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">