• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kim

Does a warrant for a misdemeanor ever expire? If you move out of state, will it still be enforced in the state you move to? Didn't know a thing about it until I had left that nasty son of a gun and he had it issued and mailed to me at my parents home. Don't want them to know about it. How do I take care of this?

J

juanitag

State law would determine when (or if) a misdemeanor charge expires. It probably depends how high tech the new state you are living in is whether or not that state would choose to enforce the warrant or even know about it. I would talk to a criminal defense attorney in your old state (or maybe your new one) to find out what your options are and what you can do to fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">