• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PROBATION VIOLATION ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SCREW'EM

2 YRS.PROBATION OVER ON 11/24.DURING LAST 2 YRS I MOVED OUT OF STATE.I COMPLETED COM. SERVICE,OWE $2OO ON $4000 FINE.WAS TOLD SHERRIFFS DEPT.WAS AT MY LAST RES.(HAVEN'T LIVED THERE IN 1.5YRS)WITH WARRANT IN AUG. NOW I'M BACK IN STATE.HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF I HAVE A WARRANT?CAN MY PROBATION BE EXTENDED?CAN I PAY THE $200 AND BE DONE(WITHOUT CALLING MY P.O.)?

S

skeptical

You are still subject to the terms of your probation, even if you move to another state. The $200 still owed was one of the terms of prob. so you are still bound by it. The fact that the sheriff has come looking for you sure sounds like there's a warrant outstanding for you. I suggest you contact the p.o. and pay off the money owed ASAP; it's possible that you will be subject to a bigger fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">