• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the new sex laws and juveniles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

D.Rue

I need help.>>>>A few weeks ago my 16 yr old son was helping with a haunted house at his school.He was with some kids in his class and a girl he use to date>>>she's 16 too.Durning the course of the evening he put a hicky on her neck.Her girlfriend was there when it happened.Probably another hour went by before her mother came to pick her up.Neither girl said anything to the teacher(which was outside in the hallway) about there being any kind of problem.When the girls mother picked her up and saw the hicky she was very ANGRY.The girl's story to her mother was that my son forced the hicky on her.As a result he has been suspened from school for two days.I thought that was punisment enough.But the girls mother has filed a complaint with the county attorney.He has been charged with first degree sexual abuse.I feel this is outrageous.We have an informal meeting tomorrow morning.I don't feel my son deserves to be charged with this.Is there anyone that can help me?

J

juanitag

My advice to you is retain a criminal defense attorney experienced with juvenile matters. Many school districts and DA's take a very hard line when it comes to unwanted sexual contact even between minors. Your son's defense is that the contact was consensual, but for some reason the girl has a different story. He (and you) need some experienced help in order to improve this situation. I would not attend that meeting (however informal) without legal representation; there are attorneys listed on this website if you don't know who to contact.

[This message has been edited by juanitag (edited November 24, 1999).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">