• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Truancy Laws in Maine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mugs23

Hi - I can't even begin to find where to look on the state law boards here, so I thougt maybe someone could give me a link or an answer right off.
Does anyone know what the truancy laws are in Maine? How many absences before a child is considered truant, what grade do the laws start, stuff like that?

Thanks!!!

D

dorenephilpot

Go to a law library in your state and ask a librarian tthere to help you look it up.

If you find someone nice, you might be able to call and get him/her to look it up for you...

B

bluebird87

In Minnesota, the law may get involved with a childs truancy if the number of truancies reaches 8 times. I know from experience. If you have a kid or something around there than start saying that they were all excused by you and just lie. Truancy court and everything affiliated with it is horrible with much mental anguish for both parents and students

eic41299

Department of Education : Truancy Laws

As I type this reply I can tell you that I am waiting for a fax to come to me from the Department of Labor regarding Truancy Laws in the state of Maine. The number for D.O.E is (207) 624-6600. As it has been explained to me by my co-workers, the state of Maine does not have Truancy Laws. I have trouble believing this so I went right to the source.
~ eic41299

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">