• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mass gun law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RobC

I am applying for a firearms license in Ma. On the application there are several question regarding previous arrests. I had a couple arrest for misdemeanors when I was a teen 12-13 years ago, but all were erased from my record. I recently had a police officer run my criminal history, and it was clean. Do I have to indicate that I have been arrested if no record exists? Has anyone actually been prosecuted for falsely answering question like this? Any help would be apreciated.
[email protected]

J

juanitag

Typically juvenile records are expunged because the state doesn't want to hold them against you. therefore I think you are safe in NOT disclosing your teen arrests; I can't imagine why you would be prosecuted for falsely answering the questions because it's as if they never happened. I wouldn't worry about it particularly since you haven't been in trouble with the law in over a decade.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">