• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

community property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

croberts

My fiance are in the process of putting together a prenuptial agmt. We each have real estate that we are putting each other on with the understanding that our prenuptial will state that what is mine is mine and what is his is his. My question is where does the community property enter in on this realestate? I am proposing that we establish the values of the properties and those values are what is to stay with each of us but that the growth on the assets is shared. In case of divorce I would be entitled to 50% of the growth on his house and visa versa. Is this reasonable of me? My assumption is that while married it is hard to divide energy spent on each of the units thus the concept of community property. Would state law override the preneputal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">