• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moms rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mira89

me and my ex-husband have a son he is 4yrs old. ex-husband says he is going to come over and pick up his son for visitations but yet he fails to show. now he wants to take me to court for his failure to comply with his visitation schedule.? what are my rights as a mother.? any suggestions please help!?

LegalBeagle

mira89 said:
me and my ex-husband have a son he is 4yrs old. ex-husband says he is going to come over and pick up his son for visitations but yet he fails to show. now he wants to take me to court for his failure to comply with his visitation schedule.? what are my rights as a mother.? any suggestions please help!?
Is there a current court order? Has he actually filed anything with the court? What is his problem?

M

mira89

there is a court order for him to see him and he does have a court appointed attorney this is his 6th attorney he has had within the last 3 or 4 times we have been to court over visitations. i don't know why they will not do anything and his lawyer supposedly said to him that i was in contempt of court for the visitations have no idea. i talked with him today about his son being in the ER for mononucleosous asked him about paying for half he said he would work on it. then he says do i get him on wednesday(11-14-01) i said no. then he hung up and said he was going to call his lawyer. he has filed against me. there's plenty more to say about it, but it would be to long to tell.

M

mira89

Re: Re: moms rights

LegalBeagle said:

there is a court order for him to see him and he does have a court appointed attorney this is his 6th attorney he has had within the last 3 or 4 times we have been to court over visitations.idon't know why they will not do anything and his lawyer supposedly said to him that i was in contempt of court for the visitations have no idea. i talked to him today about his son being in the ER for mono asked him about paying for half he said he would work on it. then he says do i get him on 11-14-01 and i said no because he is sick and he hung up to go and call his lawyer. there's plenty more to say, but it would take to long.

LegalBeagle

Until he files something, all you can do is document everything and ensure you stick to the court order. Documentation is the key to a successful defense.

M

mira89

LegalBeagle said:

i have stuck to the court order and documented everything, but its like it doesn't matter for instance, me and my boyfriend have lived together 4yrs and he has been supporting him plus other 2 children i told the court about him and they didn't want to hear it. i live in dallas,tx. i know there has to be something that i can do to prevent him from causing so much trouble. when he has had him he doesn't do anything with him his sister and her wife will do something with him but not much of anything and his mom doesn't care anything about my son. i had a lawyer i paid $500 to get his rights tooken away she said ok, but when i went to court they were more on his side even my lawyer and the 2 lawyers said he did everything that he was supposed to and i was to get a copy of the parenting class i guess he took, but never did. i would like to know if there is anything that i could possibly do.

thanks

jyoung

LegalBeagle said:
Until he files something, all you can do is document everything and ensure you stick to the court order. Documentation is the key to a successful defense.

Hello Beagle, in re. your statement, I have found it difficult on several occasions, most recently in an October hearing to introduce as evidence documentation including letters to and from my opposing counsel and history of visitation records. Every
advice book says to document but is there a trick for a pro se to get this stuff admitted properly without enduring countless objections from the opposing counsel?

LegalBeagle

jyoung said:

Hello Beagle, in re. your statement, I have found it difficult on several occasions, most recently in an October hearing to introduce as evidence documentation including letters to and from my opposing counsel and history of visitation records. Every
advice book says to document but is there a trick for a pro se to get this stuff admitted properly without enduring countless objections from the opposing counsel?
All you can do is object to his objection and argue against his reason for the objection. You are in a messy situation since money is no object for your ex and she is obviously instructing council to object to everything. How did the hearing go?

jyoung

Thanks LB, I don't want to take over Mira's post, I'll fill you in later tonight in a post. Much to tell including another denial of visitation this past weekend, depo's last week, etc. The most recent hearing I won, she tried to further restrict visitation. I think now even her lawyer is tiring of her crap and I would not be surprised at hearing from new counsel very soon....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">