• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Guilty But Forced Into Plea Bargain By Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisa

My husband during the course of a divorce from his first wife was accussed of molesting his three children (2 girls and one boy), his attorney advised him to plea bargain child molestation charges due to him not being a believable witness. He did this in 1994. Terry was sentenced to 30 years probation. Terry was diagnoised with post traumatic stree syndrome (same stress syndrome soldiers face in combat)having to say he committed a crime he did not. Terry became very stressed out because he feels he has let his children and family down by not fighting the charges, feels his attorney pushed him unjustly into taking the plea bargain and feels they should have fought it to the end. Terry experienced extreme pain also from not being able to obtain a job after going back to school to be an accountant, and to top that off we were married in August 1998. Terry feeling he was letting all of us down suffered the feelings of not wanting to exist and literally disappeared and only worked doing odd jobs for food and shelter for 32 weeks. Because of his ex-wife the case was published in the paper and the Judge was forced to sentence Terry to 10 probation violation. He is currently serving time at Smith State Prison in Glennville, GA where he is NOT receiving any type help for his stress disorder (mental breakdown). Would like advice as to how we can get his case reheard or if he will have to serve the entire 10 years or can he get out and be on parole at some point. Any help or advice will greatly be appreciated. Will explore any avenues to get him back with me. Terry in jail keeps him from paying child support for his children so I cannot see how this is good for any concerned. Can we sue the State of Georiga in Federal Court for wrongful accusations, or something in that order. I was told by someone his children when they become of age can sue (ages 15,14, and 8 and live in NC, Terry in jail in GA and wants to live with me in SC) for wrongful abuse of their rights. The children are living with his ex now and are unable to express his innocense as long as she has control of them, they feel threatened, but will come forward once they know they can. Thank for any help or advice!!!

O

Ohio victim of system

As a former peace officer, the best advice I could give would be to contact the state public defender's office. Hopefully they can help, trust me this problem with corruption within the legal system exists nationwide.
Too many of our Judges, Lawyers and Police are in it for the money, or prestige not interested in the truth. But there does exist many others who strive to correct the miscarriages of justice.

J

jayrodwillie

Lisa, I can relate in a way to your situation. My husband was just diagnosed with the exact same disorder due to an incident in which he witnessed the law shoot and kill his best friend. They now have him charged with Aggravated Assault because when they found him in the vehicle later that night, he had a rifle. Their plea bargain offer was 4 years in jail and he refused so we are going to trial. Since its against the law, it will be hard but somebody has to stand their ground with these people or they are going to take over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">