• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contracting with Current Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clive

i live in wisconsin. for the last year i have been the sole employee of my own service corporation as an anesthetist ( medical professional). i recently became employed in il and i disbanded my corporation . my current employer hires locum tenens to cover the weekends that i am off. rather than paying an unknown locum tenens to cover my job, i suggested that he occasionaly pay me the locum tenen rate for those weekends. i would like to be considered an independent contractor for those weekends which i work for my current employer and/or possibly work at other hospitals as locum tenens myself. i have taxes and social security taken out of my regular employment. here are my questions- #1. can i legally be considered an independent contractor for those weekends in this situation? -#2. if i can, what legal paperwork, if any do i need to have in place for the irs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">