• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sara_1970

Florida

I was pursuing a custody modification and met a person online who claimed to be a paralegal who offered to do some paperwork for me for free. I trusted this person (big mistake!). I sent my financial affidavit, pay stubs, SSN to the person's work fax number.

After a month of not hearing from this person, I inquired about them on the same message board where we met. I warned people to not release personal info to ANYONE. Apparently this made the person get very angry.

The person contacted my ex and released all of my information to her. The person has offered to help my ex go for an increase in child support. Not only that, but the person posted personal and incorrect information about me on a public message board.

In addition, I found out that this person does not work for a lawyer but does paralegal work on the side. I don't believe the person has a license either.

I have emails saved from the person offering to do the work, and the message board in which I was slandered.

What legal recourse do I have? I am going after this person.

Thanks

S

Sara_1970

c'mon

hey lawyers, anyone got a suggestion, other than UPL charges?:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">