• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Info On Background Check, how to resolve?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Persephone

I recently was hired for a job, and they did a background check..of course on my application they asked if i had ever been convicted of a felony, which I have not.
When my background check came back, there is an item on it that says I was found guilty of Impersonation, a felony. I have never been in any trouble with the law, never arrested, booked or even seen the back seat of a police car...how do I go about getting this taken off my record in a quick manner? I have one week before I lose my job and this is very important to me. If anyone knows please respond ASAP. I am in the state of Tennessee if that has any bearing on the matter...Thank you
Persephone

J

juanitag

Most likely you have a common name or someone made a typographical error with you social security number. First go to the person who hired you and explain what you just said; find out what jurisdiction (city, state, whatever) reported the criminal record and write a letter explaining that you are not the person with the record and what they can do about fixing the problem. This process will probably take more than one week, which is why you need to talk to your employer first!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">