• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Live in, child, separation...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

markkjr

My daughter’s mother has been living with me for a good 7 years (state of PA) and it is time we go our own separate ways. What is the best way to handle this situation? She lives at my residence which is a single family home that is in my name and she has not paid any towards the home or any of the utility bills.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

markkjr said:
My daughter’s mother has been living with me for a good 7 years (state of PA) and it is time we go our own separate ways. What is the best way to handle this situation? She lives at my residence which is a single family home that is in my name and she has not paid any towards the home or any of the utility bills.

My response:

Your question is too generalized. I have no idea how to tell you to "handle this situation" because I have no idea what it is you're trying to accomplish.

Give us some specific questions, and we'll let you know if you're on the right track or not.

IAAL

M

markkjr

Thanks for the reply...

Well I would like to either have her out of my house or if I have too, put the house up for sale or rent and we will all be out of the house. She is a bit… what’s a nice way to say … off the deep end… and can be a tad dramatic/violent and I want a clean break without my house being burnt to the ground.

So to break it down… I want to be apart from my daughter’s mother and want to know the best way to handle it. She wants to stay together and I think it best if we go our own separate ways. So as you can see we are at an in-pass…

I need to know if there are any legal ramifications that I should be aware of to get her out of my house and also and custody issues should I decide that it would best for my daughter to stay with me. If it is decided that my daughter will have to live with her mother what should I expect for visitation rights and child support?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">