• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

salvaged auto title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jehind

I bought a Honda Accord from an individual two and a half years ago. While having the car inspected (for a trade-in) by a large car dealer in my hometown of Chattanooga, TN, I was informed that the title was salvaged and that the car was basicly worthless. The person that sold the car to me did not disclose the fact that it had salvage title. Do I have a good chance of recovering the money that I paid for the car and the massive amount of repairs that have resulted after I bought it? Also, if I file a suit against the seller, how would I prove that he was knowledgable in regards to the salvaged title?

racer72

Lemon laws do not apply to vehicles purchased used. Did you look at the title when you purchased the vehicle? Federal law requires vehicles with salvage titles be a different color that regular titles (usually pink or blue, while regular titles are green). You are also most likely beyond any statute of limitations as far as suing for any damages. Less than 5% of the used vehicles sold in the U.S. are inspected by a mechanic prior to purchase and you are one of those that is going to lose money because of it. Caveat Emptor. Also, a visit to www.carfax.com is also a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">