• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

in washington state, what constitutes a used vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdready

washington state:

november 10, 2001

with 2002 approaching, i went to purchase a new 2001 vehicle, hoping to get a bargain. i found the perfect car, but while test driving noticed that the car had 6,981 miles on it. by washington law, can the dealer still consider this car "new".

jdready

racer72

If the car has never been registered with the state, it is considered new. The car is probably a demo model or could have been used as a loaner. If you do decide to purchase the vehicle, have the dealer write the warranty as beginning with the current mileage on the vehicle, not at 0. My wife and I bought a new '94 Chevrolet in '95 with almost 4000 miles on it. The car came with a 36,000 mile warranty and I insisted that the 36,000 miles start at 4000 miles, not 0. The transmission failed at 37,000 and was replaced at no cost to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">