• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Marriage Laws!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

QuestionsMan

I'm an 18 year old male from FL. My Fiance is a 17 year old female who lives with her father. He abuses her. She does not want to report him for fear of splitting up her little brother and sister. Her and myself wanted to get married as soon as possible, and thought that if we were able to get married now that she may move out of her father's home. I know she need's parental consent to get married now, but may she receive that consent from her mother who does not have custody of her, or does it have to be her father?

Thanks...

LegalBeagle

QuestionsMan said:
She does not want to report him for fear of splitting up her little brother and sister.
Your kidding right? and you think he will in no way abuse these other children one day??

Q

QuestionsMan

well although this sounds stupid, he holds only a grudge towards her, the other sister and brother usually rat her out and she gets in trouble. More like the other two siblings are just working for the father...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">