• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

garfive

I won a civil judgement against D.O.C. in the State of Florida on June 9, 1199 of this year for my being denied my legal right to freedom. I was denied 771 days of provisional credits the law gave me the right to receive as credit against my new sentance. After almost 3 years in court with this case I finially won my right to my freedom. I was held some 400 plus days pass my release date and would like to know what i need to file in order to receive my legal right to the money they owe me for those days. I fill that I have a right to receive payment from them for making me stay locked up that long for konw reason.

J

juanitag

Did the judge award you a money judgment or just order your release? If it's the first answer then talk to the docket clerk or court clerk in the court who issued the monetary award to find out what the procedures to collect are. If the judge's order is silent about money you may have to file another lawsuit in order to try and collect damages. Talk to a lawyer if you're not sure about your rights; on this website there are names of attorneys at if you haven't any idea who to call; typically a lawyer will not charge for a brief consultation so go ahead and talk to one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">