• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hospital negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

king

I attempted to resolve debts to a hospital. they sent me bills, I paid them. A year later, they are sueing me for outstanding bills. I told them where I was, and they say they don't know why bills were sent to my previous address, yet I am still responsible for the action taken against me. What rights do I have, since I was not informed of the debt( I thaught that I paid all my bills to them when I received them)?

J

juanitag

Look at the sections dealing with Credit Problems and Collections under the Bankruptcy sections of this website. This really is not a criminal law matter. You also might consider taking them to Small Claims Court. There's a good overview of small claims law at this website's home page.

[This message has been edited by juanitag (edited December 11, 1999).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">