• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving with no licences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jane

I have been in Michigan a little over a year now, but I am originally from Kentucky. I came up here with my finance for school purposes. I have a Kentucky driving permit, but no licences. I didn't have a way to work the other day so, I got despirate and drove my fiance's car to work that day. Well, needless to say I got pulled over on the street I live on for speeding! I don't know what I was thinking! Well, to make things worse I lied to the city police officer by telling him I didn't have my KY licenses on me (which is a misd) and I was doing 15 mi over the speed limit. He wrote me a ticket for those things and let me go (needless to say I was scared and went back home). Now I have 3-14 days to produce my licences and pay the ticket. What should I do? I have never been in been trouble before and I am not sure how to handle this one. I was going to try to go home and get my licences in KY before the 14 day period is over? Do you think that will help? Or should I just admit my guilt and confess? I am despirate, please H-E-L-P!!!!!

S

Simon

I think you're best bet is to go to court and confess the truth in a very respectful manner. There may be fines and some angry words from the judge but I think you'll be OK. Just remember to be respectful and explain you situation clearly. Don't ramble or get too excited. Be honest and confess all. This will be a painful lesson but taking your "lumps" now will be better than trying to lie which will make it worst! Good luck!

J

Jane

What will happen if I go ahead and get my license and just pay the fine ($80). How will this out of state ticket impact them? I am not fimiliar with how the system works between states. Will they find out that my license were not valid at the time I was issued the ticket?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">