• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mewer

Georgia: Divorce Settlement: Vehicle X husband is driving is in both our names. Settlement statement from divorce states he must keep up the payments and refinance within 6 months to take my name off loan. If X does not do this then vehicle will go back to wife. X has not done this. Bank is calling everyday re- 3 month past due payments. Question: Since I am the primary loan holder can I take posession of the car he is driving since the payments are overdue and he is ruining my credit.

Question 2

Divorce Settlement Statement also states X should be paying me monthly for marital debt. Has not paid to date. What can I do about this and how can I go about this in the cheapes way without retaining another lawyer. STATE GA

G

gmom101

I am not an attorney, so this is not legal advice--but, if I were you and I could do so, I would make those payments to protect my own credit, and I'd see about going in front of the same judge that issued the order and ask for a finding of contempt against my former spouse, with or with having my own attorney present. Is your original attorney not willing to go back to the Court and ask that the order be enforced?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">