• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal Seizure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shirley

I live in south Alabama. Four months ago, the local sheriff served a search warrant, and took items that were not on the warrant and were not illegal. I requested the items back and they refused to give them back. I am not being charged with anything relating to those items. So now, my attorney advised me to sue the sheriff's department. But I think I should not have to sue to get back what is rightfully mine in the first place. I need a better attorney. Can you help?
Thanks,
S

S

skeptical

Your attorney has given you good advice (I think); how else do you think a bureaucracy is going to take notice of your claim?

T

tat2doc

This worked just 2 weeks ago for a friend of mine in an identical situation. Maybe you can try it. The friend put a $1000 reward offer in the paper for the return of said property, and any info that led to the arrest and conviction of the 4 deputy sheriffs involved. Within the week, the property "mysteriously" showed up on his porch late one night. (official department stand was no knowledge of the property)

------------------

S

Shirley

Thanks for the idea!
We thought we had done almost everything possible. Have an appointment with my attorney tommorrow afternoon, so I am going to inform him of what I am doing.
Thanks again,
peace,
Shirley

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">