• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol consumption ticket foul up...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Snuff23

I recently got a minor consuming alcohol ticket. I told the police officer everything I knew and gave her my ID. However she wrote down a completely wrong DL # and got my eyes height and weight all wrong. Now people have told me the physical description is of no matter, but the fact she got my Driver's Liscense number completely wrong means I can get the ticket dismissed out of court. Is this true or a what. If so is it guarenteed to get dismissed or is it up to the judge. I got it this weekend, should I make a court date to get it dismissed or what? Any info would help.

S

Snuff23

Also a little more information. I live in Texas. And when the officer first took us down to the station she never placed us under arrest, just made us sit in the police station not the jail. She never read me my rights, and never made me take any tests to prove I was drinking. She asked me how many beers I had had, I told her 5 when we were in the police room. If she didn't ever read me my rights, can she use that information against me in a court of law? Because I'm being charged with consumption, not possesion of alcohol, and if she can't say that I drank any beer, and can't say that I failed a test because I didn't take one, and she never saw me drinking any, then what case does she have against me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">