• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grandparents rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenniblueyes

:confused: grandparents rights???

my ex husband and I have been seperated and divorced for 3 years now he left our home in Pennsylvania and moved to Indiana 3 years ago.
his parents live in Pennsylvania, and use to live 12 miles away, however I have since moved and re-married. whe I lived in PA his parents always had a say, thanks to my ex-husband. now they feel they still have a say.. How much right to my son do they actually have??

I now live in New Jersey with my son.

G

Grandma B

Absolutely none. If their son wants to let your son visit them during his court-ordered visitation times as the father, that's fine. You, however, do NOT have to let them see him at all.

LegalBeagle

Since there is no court orders for visitation, then you do not have to allow any contact with the GP's. Even if there was, then you release your son to the father only and not to the GP's. You do not have to initiate any contact with the father regarding visitation. That part is 100% down to him. I assume there is a custody order in place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">