• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tennessee Laws...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fittyfolee

Ok, This past Friday I was in Tennessee w/ a couple of friends in a parking lot just hanging out for a minute. The cops rolled in and saw some people had beer so questioned me about my age (Im 17). I told them the truth at first and saw by their reaction it was not good! So I had my sister's ID and told them they misheard me and that I said 19. They believed me and started searching the car to see what all we had and just found more alcohol. After an hour or so i told them the truth about how old i was. They got pretty pissed and out came the handcuffs! They never read me my rights whatsoever, or gave me a breathalizer. I didnt drink hardly at all and when they gave me a sobreity test i passed w/ flying colors. My question is dont they have to read you your rights?? Is there a chance of my case being thrown out? I dont know much about laws or tennessee laws so if you have any info that could help me out please get back to me. Thanks!

T

Tyrone

They should have read you your rights, but the penalty for not is not admitting any statements you made after being arrested. That's it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">