• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Divil73

I met a guy from Iowa who is a fugative and a felon. He is wanted on many charges from theft to harboring a runaway and drug dealing and manufacturing. When I met him and we started dating he did not tell me that he was on the run or wanted or into the drug ring. The local police in Colorado where I live came to my home and raided it looking for him. I was at work but the police did contact me and asked what I knew. Since I did not know anything I was never charged with anything. I still am communicating with this guy as we have a relationship. The obunty hunters who came out here to get him told me that I shouldn't talk to him. They also told me that the county attorneys in Iowa want me. It has been a month and I have not heard a word from Iowa. Can they charge me with anyhting and if so what can they charge me with? The local police here told me it would be best to not have any kind of contact with him. Is that because I am making myself look guilty or suspicious by communicating with him? He is currently in jail so does that make anything illegal by me talking to him or writing to him? I work in corrections myself and I have checke dinto the polices at my work. There are none stating that I can not have contact with those locke din jail. Can I lose my job by talking to him? He is not locked up in the jail I work at. Is there any law against talking to someone in jail who is a fugative and a felon? Is this illegal? Can any charges be pressed against me and if so what? Our conversations are not about illegal things. He has talked to me about his past and what he had done in Iowa. Is that illegal for me to know this and for him to tell me? The police here and the bounty hunters have already told me all that he is wanted for before he told after he was arrested. Is any of this illegal?

E

Ex HR Guy

What is the fatal attraction? You should know better. This guy is BAD NEWS.

If the authorities get mad they can pressure you with harboring a felon, etc. and give you grief. Your employer probably could also find a basis to discharge you. When people want to do something, they find a way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">