• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

father's responsibilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenniblueyes

Thank you Grandma B. one other thing I'm wondering, there has not been any court ordered visitation set forth yet,what I'm wondering is since my ex-husband hasn't seen or talked to my son in a year and a half.. do I have to have my son make initial contact?? I don't feel that's fair to him since he's only 10.:confused: :(

G

Grandma B

Were you awarded custody of your son in your dissolution decree? Strange that visitation wasn't addressed in the proceedings.

In the absence of court-ordered visitation, any action to establish visitation would have to be taken by your ex. If he does get court orders for visitation, you would then have to make the child available at the stated times. His parents, however, have no rights to your child.

Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">