• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parking ticket/ towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nicecj7

I live in ct and attend a local state collage. My question is i recieved a parking ticket for parking in a faculty spot. It was not clearly marked ( it was basically a sign attatched to a pole which was cemented to a cinderblock which people move around yto be funny, so its never in the same spot. Well to make a long story short i went down to the campus police station and filled out a appeal form. Then returned to the same spot and placed the ticket back on the window which i know was a bad move and 15 min later the car was towed. Is there any law saying the time requirement from putting the ticket on the car and towing it ? Is there any argument i can make to say the car was towed out of my consent. The schools website says the owner may be notified when his car is towed. No one called me to let me know so i had to find it out the hard way. I know the oficer just wanted to get back at me for returning to the spot. I basically paid 150 $ to get my car back. Any help you can give would be great.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">