• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contempt charges and bench warent recall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sanderk1

I was divorced in Ohio. The case was reopened and contempt charges filed. My x wasn't making the monthly payments he agreed to for my share of the equity in our home, as stated in the final decree. After the first court date in which he was given a continuence to get counsel, he had the option to sign a quick claim deed and then resume payment. He did'nt do that and he failed to appear at the next court date. A bench warrant was issued. The magistrate set bond for the amount he owes me, with the thought that once he post bond, the money would go to me and it would be over. Now, another court date has been set, and the bench warrent recalled. What does that mean?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">