• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

'Reasonable Time?'

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maggie

I was arrested, jailed, and bailed out the same day ... 2 YEARS AGO!! I was told that I would be immediately contacted when the formal 'written' arrest warrant was ready ... so that could go, read it, and sign it, etc. ... in order for arraignment to be set. Now, only a couple of days ago .. I have finally been contacted via telephone ... that the formal 'written' arrest warrant is now ready!!
I've read some of the articles in several various legal websites and in some state codes ... that clearly state that I must allow a 'reasonable amount of time' for a formal written arrest warrant to be prepared.
My questions are > What constitutes a 'reasonable amount of time' in which an arrest warrant should be prepared for execution? and > Isn't there some types of 'statutes of limitations' should come into play on my behalf? and > Am I still legally bound, after all of the 2 years +, to go and have this formal arrest warrant read to me, and sign it? Any assistance would be most greatly appreciated !!!

S

SF Lawyer

Get a lawyer as this sounds crazy. Most states give you the right to a speedy prosecution and something else must be going on. Find a lawyer on http://AttorneyPages.com right away, or ask for a court appointed lawyer if you can't afford one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">