• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Field Trip permission slips

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Noeller

On my daughters permission slip it says:
-Flied trip is supervised.
-I release the district, school, teachers & volunteers of any liability should my child be hurt.

They told me that it was to protect them from having to pay any fees should she get hurt.

They refuse to change the form and I do not feel comfortable allowing her to go.

If I sign the form is there a legal way around suing them should she be hurt. (for example: in a car accident, another student pushing her down and she breaking her arm, etc.):confused:

D

dorenephilpot

The release is the school's attempt to protect itself from liability in case your daughter is hurt.

You can always still try to sue, even with the existence of the signed release. Your chances of winning would be slim, but you can still sue.

However, if the school does something intentional, such as deliberately running over your child with a school bus, your release won't carry much weight and you would have a much greater chance of winning any lawsuit.

If you don't want to sign, she won't be allowed to go, I'm guessing.

The decision is entirely up to you.

Hope this answers your questions.

B

bluebird87

There is another way around this. The permission slip is a form of contract so the school isnt sued. If you have your child sign the permission slip for you, yes its forgery but it works. If the child signs it, then you would still be able to file charges due to the fact that children under 18 are not of the mental capacity to enter a contract therby making the contract null and void. It may sound stupid but it does work, Ive tried it. from 6th grade on my parent never signed a single piece of paper for school. It was all me.

I will not be held responsible for any legal ramifications which may arise from this post. The laws may be different in your current state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">