• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations in Colorado

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Susan

My son is being charged with failure to appear (fugitive from justice) for a larceny matter that occurred in 1991. He appeared in court in 1994 and pled guilty, paid fines and did jail time. Now he has a warrant for his arrest on which I just paid $1000 bond. He is supposed to appear in Vail Municipal Court on January 13, 2000. What is the statute of limitations on this kind of case? How can we get more information before 1-13? Thank you. My son is 26 years old.

C

Carl

I'm curious- if he already pled guilty and paid a fine and served time, how can he be a fugitive from justice unless he either broke out of jail, ran from the honor camp or jumped bail? In any of those cases it really doesn't matter. If he did any of those three, there is no statute of limitations. The statute of limitations applies on to charges one has not been formally charged with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">