• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Threatening me for There Mistake!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Geezell

I deposited Cashiers Checks in My Business account, The Checks Cleared and The Fund were used! my bank now says those checks werent good and they cleared by error. (Approximately 45 days later) Bank is Pursueing me for Re-Payment and threatening Criminal Action. (California)

We Demand Cashiers Check from certain customers to protect ourself from this sort of thing. Help!

L

loku

Whether or not the checks were good, you would not be guilty of a crime unless you knew or had reason to know the checks were bad.

I don’t understand how cashiers checks can be bad, but if there were, you would definitely owe the bank the money. Your endorsement on a check means that you will pay it if it is dishonored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">