• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married couple felony-what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nextonein

my husband and I were arrested for felony-forgery charges and don't know what to do now. Our 1st hearing is coming up in a couple of weeks. We don't have an attorney because we can't afford one. We are afraid of a court-appointed attorney because our best interests will not be kept since he will not be making any money off of us. The only time we went before a judge was after arrest to set bail. We begged, borrowed, and committed our next born child to get bonded out but now we are very worried. We are in Arkansas and we are dealing with some very crooked people. We were questioned upon arrest even after requesting legal counsel or representation. Nobody cares about people's rights once they are in jail.

J

juanitag

Your best bet is with court-appointed counsel or the local Public Defender's office; better to have some representation rather than none at all.

D

daveyo

Crooked people from Arkansa???? Go figure! As you are both probably guilty as hell, just go to court and take your lumps (And I don't mean momma's gravy!).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">