• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for GBH in England

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Paddy

2 months ago I was arrested fo suspicion of GBH. What happened was that I was spat at (in the face) by a man for no apparent reason. I had had a few beers but wasn't drunk. I reacted by pushing the man, he fell over and got up and started throwing punches at me. I threw punches back, my freind then came running up the street and he started punching him, so I stopped but my freind continued. The victim was on the floor and my freind was kicking him.I kept asking him why he spat in my face throughout the incident but he never answered. I kicked him twice on the but.
I live in a small town & the victim knew me and my freinds and reported us to the police. When I spoke to the police I told them exactly what I have said here. They said they would talk to my freind and another who watched everything, but they still haven't, 2 months after I spoke to them first. I am meant to go back to the station in a couple of days and I am really scared at what might happen. The victim had a broken nose and a dislocated shoulder & apparently his familly want compensation because he couldn't go to work for a month.
I have never done anything wrong before and I am not a violent person, I just didn't know what to do when someone spits in your face. My freind has never been in trouble with the police either, but he is quite violent and he was the one who caused the most damage.
Could someone PLEASE tell me what is likely to happen to me and my freind?

J

juanitag

Sorry no advice here. You need to talk to a barrister!

D

daveyo

I'd have kicked the s**t out of him too! Cheerio ol chap. Who cares about him, that no godd spit hawking son of a *****! Too bad for his family too! They should be thanking you for giving the old bum a whooping. If they continue to press you for damages, tell them to lay off or they'll get a taste of the old man's medicine! Good luck and keeep up your guard!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">