• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Drowned By Our Swimming Pool Contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nirrums

Anybody have advice as to the best way to proceed with a swimming pool contractor who began our $75,000 pool in April, came back for a couple of weeks in July to build a waterfall and hasn't been back since? He has 90% of our money, has completed 50% of the job, has been dodging us and when we do find him he says he'll be there on x date and then doesn't show up. This has been going on for months. They initially said that it would be completed by the middle of July.Would you know the best way to proceed with a swimming pool contractor who began our $75,000 pool in April, came back for a couple of weeks in July to build a waterfall and hasn't been back since. He has 90% of our money, has been dodging us and when we do find him he says he'll be there on x date and then doesn't show up. This has been going on for months. They initially said that it would be completed by the middle of July, however our contract has no completion date. We have also heard from various sources that our pool company is going bankrupt and has a history of doing this. If you could give me an indication of what can be done to either light a fire under them or to initiate legal proceedings against them, I would be glad to have you represent us. We live in Flemington, NJ. Thanks.

vrzirn

I would also contact State Contractors Board. He may have a bond posted there and the bond might pay for pool completion.Contracts with licensed contractors usually state what is to be paid when a certain percentage of the work is completed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">